You can search the FSPR to identify financial service providers (FSPs) and find information about them — such as which services they're registered for and, if applicable, are licensed or certified to provide.
How to search
You can search for an FSP by entering any of the following details in the search field:
- FSP number
- New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- current or previous name
- trading name
- other name (alias)
You can also specify whether the FSP you’re searching for:
- contains the characters you’ve entered, or
- equals the characters you’ve entered (an exact match).
Advanced search options
You can use the advanced search to find specific results for:
- types of FSPs — for example search only for individuals or only for entities
- the status of an FSP — for example search only for FSPs that are registered or that have been suspended or deregistered
- FSPs registered on certain dates (or between 2 specific dates)
- Keywords within a business address — for example by including a street name or a city
- financial services that FSPs are registered to provide.
You can combine different fields to narrow down your results.Search for a financial service provider
Information available to you
Once you’ve found the FSP you’re looking for, you can view details that include:
- services the FSP is registered, licensed or certified to provide
- registration status
- business address
- the dispute resolution scheme(s) (DRSs) the FSP belongs to, if any
- trading name and former trading name, if any
- other names an individual FSP is known by
- the Financial Advice Provider a financial adviser is engaged by and vice versa, if applicable.
Using information in search results
You can save up to 1000 search results by exporting them in an Excel file format.
If your search returns more than 1000 results, try refining your search. If your search still returns over 1000 results you can send us a data request.Request data